Saturday, August 9, 2008

Don by Dario Brizuela

Dario's only signing was scheduled for Thursday, and I wanted to make sure that I took the opportunity to meet him. I was in a rush, however, since I needed to meet my cousin at the trolley station around 5:00pm, and Dario started signing around 4:00pm. Fortunately, I managed to find him without too much hassel. Dario was a totally nice guy and really fun to talk to. I even got to meet his wife and baby, who seemed to be enjoying the comic con. I got an issue of Tales signed, and then Dario was kind enough to give me a quick sketch. I asked him to draw his favorite turtle, and he chose Don:




It was a real pleasure to get to meet Dario, and I'm hoping he'll be returning to SDCC next year.

The very talented Dario Brizuela is currently working on DC's Superfriends and IDW's Transformers Animated. To see more of his art, please check out his official blog.

Dario's Blog

Coming Up Next: Leo by Todd Nauck
Coming Up Soon: Leo by LeSean Thomas
Coming Up Later: Kevin Eastman & Simon Bisley

No comments: