Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mikey by David Petersen

I've been a big fan of David Petersen's incredible series, Mouse Guard, since I first discovered it at last year's SDCC. I met David, picked up the 1st collected volume, and have been following Mouse Guard ever since. This year, I got to meet David again. I'll admit that I was really nervous this time around because I was requesting a sketch of a character outside of Mouse Guard. I didn't know how David would react to that. Luckily, he was really nice about it and was more than happy to draw a ninja turtle. I asked David to draw his favorite, and he went with Mikey. Check out this amazing sketch!

David Petersen is such a talented artist and writer. The Eisner-award winning Mouse Guard is drawn, written, and even colored all by himself. If you're interested in learning more about David and his work, please check out the following links:

Official Mouse Guard Website

David Petersen's Official Website

David's Blog

Coming Up Next: Don by Dario Brizuela
Coming Up Soon: Leo by Todd Nauck
Coming Up Later: Leo by LeSean Thomas

No comments: